What do Bus Drivers, School or Special Client do?
Transport students or special clients, such as the elderly or persons with disabilities. Ensure adherence to safety rules. May assist passengers in boarding or exiting.
- Follow safety rules as students board and exit buses or cross streets near bus stops.
- Comply with traffic regulations to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Maintain order among pupils during trips to ensure safety.
- Check the condition of a vehicle's tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and safety equipment to ensure that everything is in working order.
- Escort small children across roads and highways.
- Report any bus malfunctions or needed repairs.
- Pick up and drop off students at regularly scheduled neighborhood locations, following strict time schedules.
- Maintain knowledge of first-aid procedures.
- Prepare and submit reports that may include the number of passengers or trips, hours worked, mileage, fuel consumption, or fares received.
- Read maps and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
- Drive gasoline, diesel, or electrically powered multi-passenger vehicles to transport students between neighborhoods, schools, and school activities.
- Regulate heating, lighting, and ventilation systems for passenger comfort.
- Keep bus interiors clean for passengers.
- Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations, using telephones or mobile two-way radios.
- Make minor repairs to vehicles.
Related Jobs (Bus Drivers, School or Special Client)