What do Recycling Coordinators do?
Supervise curbside and drop-off recycling programs for municipal governments or private firms.
- Oversee recycling pick-up or drop-off programs to ensure compliance with community ordinances.
- Supervise recycling technicians, community service workers, or other recycling operations employees or volunteers.
- Assign truck drivers or recycling technicians to routes.
- Coordinate recycling collection schedules to optimize service and efficiency.
- Coordinate shipments of recycling materials with shipping brokers or processing companies.
- Create or manage recycling operations budgets.
- Design community solid and hazardous waste management programs.
- Develop community or corporate recycling plans and goals to minimize waste and conform to resource constraints.
- Implement grant-funded projects, monitoring and reporting progress in accordance with sponsoring agency requirements.
- Investigate violations of solid waste or recycling ordinances.
- Make presentations to educate the public on how to recycle or on the environmental advantages of recycling.
- Negotiate contracts with waste management or other firms.
- Operate fork lifts, skid loaders, or trucks to move or store recyclable materials.
- Operate recycling processing equipment, such as sorters, balers, crushers, and granulators to sort and process materials.
- Oversee campaigns to promote recycling or waste reduction programs in communities or private companies.
- Prepare grant applications to fund recycling programs or program enhancements.
- Schedule movement of recycling materials into and out of storage areas.
- Identify or investigate new opportunities for materials to be collected and recycled.
- Inspect physical condition of recycling or hazardous waste facility for compliance with safety, quality, and service standards.
- Maintain logs of recycling materials received or shipped to processing companies.
- Prepare bills of lading, statements of shipping records, or customer receipts related to recycling or hazardous material services.
- Provide training to recycling technicians or community service workers on topics such as safety, solid waste processing, or general recycling operations.
- Review customer requests for service to determine service needs and deploy appropriate resources to provide service.
Related Jobs (Recycling Coordinators)